Almont, CO Weather from Weather Underground

Friday, April 30, 2010

Sweet Home Alabama - Parting is such sweet sorrow

Can't believe it is time to go.  Just getting to feel like "home", comfortable with the day to day routine.  The oil spill is looming and expected to arrive here on Monday.  It will hit Louisiana and Mississippi this weekend.  Our first planned stop was Gulf Island National Seashore in Mississippi.  We will see if there are any organizations that need volunteers for cleanup and will do that rather than take the leisurely scenic trip north.  I need to do something!  I have spent my time here cleaning the beach as I walk (empty water bottles, cigarette butts, wrappers, abandonned plastic beach toys, etc.  and hoped I was making a difference (be the change you want to see in the world.)  It seems so ridiculous compared to what is coming.


Off shore Oil Rig in Mobile Bay

The importance of the Estuaries that will be devasasted by the Spill

No comments: